9 Questions to Help Determine if Switching to VoIP is Right for You
Are you completely satisfied with the phone system you’re currently using for your small business? Since you’re reading this article, the chances are that you’re at least interested, if not fully considering, switching to a VoIP phone system. But before you make the switch, there are a lot of things to think through.
If you are someone who travels outside of the office and don’t want to be tied down to your business phone, it may be time to upgrade. If the current phone system you’re using is more hindrance than helpful, it’s may be time to upgrade.
We’re here to help you make this process an easier one, with nine essential questions (plus a few bonuses follow up points) that you need to ask before making changes to your phone system. It’s a key component of how you do business. The phone system also directly impacts a small company’s success, so it’s vital to get it right.
9 Questions to Ask When Considering a VoIP Phone System for Small Business
Generally speaking, you’ll want to think about things like: is it time to integrate your business phone with your personal phone to take advantage of mobile? Would you like to have more robust features that support you and departments within your business, such as new IP phone hardware, softphone and mobile technology. If your business is growing and you’re hiring or acquiring, it’s time that your phone solution grows with you.
Let’s dive into the nine crucial questions that will help you decide if a VoIP system is right for you.
Key Questions to Ask
- Start with your current phone contracts. When does your current T1 or phone line contract end? It’s best to back into the contract end date in order to start evaluating the following knowing if you are free to leave without any financial penalty.
- If you are within 6 months to 1 year of your contract end date, it is an ideal time to begin the evaluation process.
- Some providers will even buy out your early termination fees to incentivize you to make a change sooner than later. Check with the company you are consider hiring to look into this for you.
- Are you currently having a poor service experience?
- If your phone system and setup are getting so old that it’s difficult to service or repair, it’s definitely a good time to upgrade to VoIP.
- If your current provider’s customer service is lacking, it’s time to move on.
- Can you reduce monthly telecom fees (and save significant money) by installing a Cloud-based phone system? Check into this, because sometimes there are substantial savings.
- Do you have a multi-location business but still have disparate phone systems at each office? If so, VoIP or a Cloud-based phone system will provide major benefits to your small business.
- Are you sick of the finger-pointing between the phone carrier and the phone system provider to solve issues?
- Does your phone system lack modern and standard features like voicemail to email, call routing, and softphone technologies? If your dated phones are holding your business back, it’s time to upgrade, and you may want to consider switching to VoIP phones.
- Are you acquiring new businesses? Cloud/VoIP-based phone systems are easier to work with, especially when porting new numbers from other businesses.
- Are you growing and hiring new staff? We hope so! If so, it may be best to put your money towards new technology rather than continuing to sink resources into a dated (and perhaps even obsolete) phone system.
- Does your business have a service department that may benefit from call center technology?
If you’ve answered these nine important questions and many are to the affirmative, you’ll know that VoIP could be right for your business right now. At the least, it’s definitely time to upgrade.
It’s key to have a phone system that is truly working for your business. The harder your phone system, VoIP or otherwise, can work for you, the more you can focus your attention where it’s really needed.
Work Smarter, Not Harder: Employing VoIP Phone Systems for Small Business
The perfect phone system makes all the difference, as it can either help or hinder your success. If you’re ready to work smarter using a modern VoIP phone system for your small business, contact us!
Tele-Data Solutions has a talented team of dedicated phone experts standing by, ready to help you choose the right phone system for your business regardless of industry. “Our passion is solving business problems through VoIP phone systems.” We’re here to help you succeed!
By Vincent Finaldi
Vice-President, Tele-Data Solutions
E-mail: email@example.com | Direct Line: (908) 378-1218
What brings me satisfaction is meeting with New Jersey–based businesses and genuinely helping them solve communication and business problems. As someone who has lived in New Jersey my entire life, I love working and playing here. I live in Florham Park with my wife, Lisa and our son Leo. Although it usually hurts, I will root for the New York Giants.